Earlier this month, we gave you a glimpse into what it’s like in the Admissions Office right now. As we continue to read the nearly 2,700 applications for freshman admission, we’re aware that while we evaluate, each of you is waiting. Bryn Mawr will mail official admission decisions at the end of March; and since you’re likely eager to learn of your decision, we want to offer suggestions on ways to keep yourself occupied until those infamous envelopes begin flooding your mailbox:
- See the first Hunger Games movie. From what we hear, tickets (which went on sale last week) are going fast.
- Step away from Facebook and Twitter. We promise you that constantly hitting refresh won’t make any news come faster. We do, however, recommend connecting with other prospective students on our Class of 2016 Facebook page.
- Have a dance-off with your friends. Many of our students will tell you that one of the best ways to relieve stress is to dance it out.
- Watch the first two seasons of Downton Abbey. Trust us, this will be important.
- Read a classic. May we suggest Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston or Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez? If you need some serious empowerment, then try Bossypants by Tina Fey (her 30 Rock alter ego, Liz Lemon, attended Bryn Mawr!).
- Remember that you worked hard in high school and soon you’ll have some great choices to make!
We hope you’ll try some of our recommendations; in the meantime, feel free to share what you’re doing while you wait with us and other prospective students. Tell us on Facebook or hit the comments below!